Posted by lothi on Jul 9, 2008 in Health | 12 comments
Tulsi is known as Holy basil which is worshipped in the morning and evening by Hindus at large. It is considered as India’s Queen of herbs. They are largely used in ayurvedic meidicines. It has got medicinal properties as well as cosmetic properties. Tulsi is grown in almost all Indian homes.
- Water boiled with tulsi leaves is good for sore throat. It can also be gargled.
- Chewing tulsi leaves treats cold and flu.
- Tulsi leaf when eaten in the morning purifies blood.
- It can be used as tooth powder by drying its leaves and mixed with water.
- It helps in protecting the entire respiratory tract.
- Its has many cosmetic properties and used in herbal soap and also for body scrub. It helps in controlling dandruff. Tulsi oil can be used for controlling dandruff. It can be used by mixing with coconut oil.
For stomach ache:
- Tulsi leaves juice and ginger juice cures stomach ache, cramps and also gets relief from stomach worms.
- Tulsi or Basil leaves mixed with 1tsp of honey will cure severe cold.