Posted by lothi on Jan 12, 2010 in Nutritious food recipe | 3 comments
Spinach or keerai is one of the nutritious greeny leaf and a heart- healthy food. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin A and C and also an excellent source of iron. It can be eaten raw as salads. Below is
a soup recipe using spinach.
- Opo squash / sorakai[in tamil] – 1
- Spinach 1 bunch
- Moong dal – 3tbspn
- Whole black pepper
- Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
- Tomato 2
- Green chilli 2
- Red chilli powder
- Garlic – 3 pod
- Curry leaf
- Clean the spinach in running water and chop them finely.
- To boiling water add tomato, garlic and moong dal.
- Meanwhile grind chopped spinach, opo squash, green chilli, black pepper, cumin seeds, curry leaf to a coarse paste . Add these to the boiled water and allow it cook in low flame for about 20 min.
- Once done mash it nicely and finely add 1 tspn ghee.
- Add salt to your taste. Garnish with some pepper and ready to serve.