Posted by lothi on Aug 6, 2010, in Featured, Health |
Sunburn is very common in summer, especially in hot weather conditions. Sunburn is caused due to direct exposure to UV rays. Symptoms of sunburn are blistering of skin, cold, and nausea. The affected area looks very tender with red patches. For some skin may also start to peel. Here are some useful home remedies.
Remedies for sunburn
- To the affected area apply a paste of yogurt and turmeric. This can be applied daily.
- Aloe gel is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects and is used topically to soothe burned skin and to help heal wounds. Take the gel of aloe vera and apply it on the affected area.
- Coconut and olive oil is also very good for treating sunburn.
- Apply ice cubes on the affected areas.
- Cucumber slices can be kept on the affected areas as it soothes the skin.
- Grated potato can also be applied.
- Keep the body hydrated by drinking lots of juice and water and eat lots of fruits.