Posted by lothi on Dec 8, 2010 in Recipes | 0 comments
- Rice 1 cup
- Moong daal 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Black pepper corns crushed
- Ghee 2 tbs
- Cashews few
- Soak rice and moong daal in water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in pressure cooker add some oil. To it add the ginger, cumin seeds and black pepper corns. Stir it for a while.
- Once the raw smell goes add the soaked rice and daal.
- Add salt to it and mix well and add 6 cups of water and ghee to it and then pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
- Atlast garnish the pongal with cashwes fried in ghee.
- Serve with sambar and chutney.