Posted by lothi on Apr 6, 2011 in Recipes | 1 comment
For Fish fry:
- Nethili meen 1 pound
- Red chilli powder
- Pepper powder
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Onions 1
- Curry leaves few
- Fenugreek seeds
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1tbsp
- Sambar powder 1tbsp
- Clean and wash the fish in water and strain it. Marinade the fish with chilli powder, pepper powder and salt.
- In a kadai heat oil for deep frying the fish. Once done, place the fried fish in paper towel so that excess oil is absorbed.
- In a separate pan , add 1 tbsp of oil and heat it. Add fenugreek seeds, chopped garlic pods, curry leaves and chopped onions. Fry them until they turn golden brown in medium flame.
- Then add the coriander powder, sambar powder and fry them until the raw smell is gone. Don’t cover the pan with lid, masala should be dry.
- At last, add the fried fish to the masala and mix well. Ready to serve with rice or as side dish.