Neem tree is known as “Divine Tree”. Neem is known to be one of the most powerful blood purifiers. It cleanses and enhances circulation. It is useful in healing skin disorders. Taking a bath with neem leaves to water is very common in Indian homes that help our body to get rid of mild infections. It is also an effective coolant for our bodies.
Neem leaves medicinal properties
- Neem leaves and its twigs are useful in many ways. In ancient days, neem twigs were used for brushing the teeth in a natural way. Brushing with neem twig makes teeth stronger and its medicinal properties aid in killing cavity-causing bacteria.
- Neem oil is used for preparing cosmetics [soap, shampoo, creams], and is useful for skincare such as acne, and keeping skin elasticity.
- Neem leaves have good medicinal properties. They are used when people suffer from chickenpox. Neem leaves act as a natural coolant that provides relief from itching and pain caused due to chickenpox. The antibiotic nature of neem leaves acts as good medicine for chickenpox.
- Neem leaves juice gets rid of lice from the head and also helps control dandruff. Chewing neem leaves helps kill bacteria in the stomach.
- It has good cosmetic property too. Neem face packs make the skin feel fresh. It moisturizes the skin and keeps it supple. It is also used as a conditioner and gives luster to the hair. The Neem face pack also helps lighten scars and pigmentation.
- The other uses of neem leaves are that it acts as an insecticide. Keeping neem leaves in beds, books and closets keep away insects. Burning dried neem leaves keep mosquitoes away.