By lothi on Apr 13, 2010 in Recipes
- Small onion
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Vathal few
- Curry leaves few
- Tomato half
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal 1 tsp
- Sambar powder 2 tbspn
- Red chilli powder 2 tspn
- Sundaikaai vathal
- Seasme oil 2 tbspn.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds when it sputters add fenu greek seeds, channa dal and red chilli.
- Now add the small onions and curry leaves stir for a while.
- Then, add the diluted tamarind water, sambar powder, chilli powder, salt and stir well .
- Add the tomato and let it cook for 15 minutes. Switch off the flame when the gravy becomes thick.
- When it is done, heat seasme oil in a separate kadai and add the vathal and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, put the vathal in the kolambu to enhance the taste.
- Sere with rice.