By lothi on May 27, 2010 in Recipes
- Rice [Soaked raw rice] 2cups
- Onions 1
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Urad daal 1 tsp
- Oil 1tbsp
- Curry leaf few
- Green chilli’s 3
- Grind the soaked raw rice to a very coarse paste and keep it separately.
- Meanwhile, take a pan and heat oil then add the mustard seeds, urad daal, curry leaves and green chillis.
- When it splutters, add the finely chopped onions and saute until the onions are transparent.
- Then, take the grounded rice and make it balls by pressing with your fist. Oval shape is fine for this kolakattai.
- Put the kolakatai in the pan and saute for 10 minutes along with the onions.
- Then, take the grounded rice along with the onions and seasonings and make it balls by pressing with your fist. Oval shape is fine for this kolakattai.
- Now keep the kolakattai in idli plates and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with chutneys.