Dandruff is most severe during winter than summer. It may also be due to infrequent shampooing of hair and not rinsing the hair properly. General preventive care for dandruff is to keep your scalp moistured well. So in in order to take care of your scalp and hair apply oil regularly and wash it off after an hour and rinse well. Before shampooing, comb your hair from the scalp with wide bristles comb. After every shampoo clean your comb or brush well, and then use it. Here we will some natural remedy for dandruff with the help of lemon which can be repeated once in a month.
- Dandruff can be controlled by rubbing lemon peel on the scalp and massage gently. Wash and rinse after 30 minutes.
- Mix 3 tbsp of henna powder, one egg, 1 tbsp spoon of curd/yogurt and the juice from one fresh lemon into a paste. Apply the paste to your scalp and massage gently. Leave it on for at least 15 minutes and wash your hair. This procedure can be repeated once in a month.
- To prevent spreading of dandruff first clean your comb and/or hair brush with soap. Then soak the comb and/or hair brush in a mixture of lemon juice and warm water mixed in equal proportion for 1 hour.
- Beat egg white well and mix 2 tbsp of lemon juice in it. Let it rest for half an hour, then apply it on to your scalp and let it soak for about an hour before shampooing your hair.
- Mix lemon juice with equal amount of vinegar and apply it on to your scalp, leave it for 15 minutes and wash your hair.
- Warm the coconut oil. Massage gently all over the scalp. Wrap a hot steamed towel over the head so that the oil gets absorbed . Leave it on for 1 hour. Then apply lemon juice on your scalp. Shampoo after 15 minutes. Note: The warm oil softens the dandruff while lemon juice cleanses your scalp. Repeat it every 2weeks until dandruff is completely gone.